An Edwardian postcard of Chruch Street, showing St Mary's Parish Church with the ornamental 'Waterloo' iron gates(so called as they were made to commemorate the famous battle of 1815). The gates are no longer there but the royal arms from it are on display in the church.


About us

The Eccles & District History Society meets monthly at Alexandra House, Liverpool Road, Peel Green, Eccles M30 7HB, where guest speakers are invited to give talks and presentations on a wide range of topics relating to both local and national history. 

Excursions, guided walks and visits to places of interest are also arranged. The season of talks runs from September to May.   
The annual membership fee is £16, and the visitor’s fee is £3.00 per meeting. 


Contacts

For further information about the Society, please contact : eccleshistory@yahoo.co.uk.
If you have any enquiry about the history of Eccles please contact the Local History Librarian,
Salford Local History Library, where archives, photographs, maps, printed material and ephemera relating to all parts of the City of Salford, including Eccles, are held.